30 minutes to go: When you have such limited time you might have to improvise a little. Tidy up, dim the lights and light a scented candle.
Task list to follow:
- Tidy up common areas, fluff the pillows.
- Don’t leave dishes in the sink or dirty laundry anywhere in sight.
- Wipe down the sink and countertop in bathroom and kitchen.
- Take out the garbage.
- Replenish towels, soap and toilet paper.
- And the best trick, light a scented candle.
One hour to go: If you have time tidy up the other rooms as well. You don’t want to be caught unprepared if your guest opens the wrong door.
Task list to follow: Follow 30-minute task list and add the following:
- Vacuum or sweep the floors. Pick the easiest and quickest one for you.
- Clean the toilet and tidy up the bathroom.
- Dust all the surfaces.
- Make sure you made the beds.
Two hours to go: Then you are lucky. You will be more than ready when your guest arrives.
Task list to follow: Follow the tasks above and the following:
- Wash towels and bath mats (if necessary).
- Wipe the floors.
- Clean the shower and/or bath.
- Tidy the entrance way closet and make room for your guests jackets.
- Wipe down the mirrors.
Avoiding clutter and sparing ten minutes for household chores will help you a lot, in your daily life and also when unexpected guests show up. Whenever you need professional help you can seek help from M&H professional cleaning service