Bedroom: Let’s start with the bedroom. It’s very important to choose the right one as some might decrease the oxygen level in the room.
- Weeping fig: This plant removes common airborne toxins and increases the oxygen level. It means oxygen in your room will increase during your sleep.
- Aloe vera: It’s not only famous because of its healing properties but also because of its ability to exhale oxygen. It’s listed one of Nasa’s top air improving plants so you do the math.
Bathroom: You have to pick a durable plant for the bathroom as for the heat and humidity.
- Eucalyptus: Check the florists or gardening shops in your area for a few eucalyptus sprigs. Tie 2 or 3 sprigs together and hang them in the shower near the shower head. When hot water and steam hit the plant natural oil will be released.
- Chinese evergreen: It’s one of the most durable houseplants. With its tropical nature, this plant will survive for many years in your bathroom. It helps filter out a variety of air pollutants and begins to remove more toxins as time and exposure continue.
Kitchen: Because of limited counter space you can go with hangable plants.
- Golden pothos: One of the easiest houseplants to grow. It can thrive as a hanging plant, as the leaves grow down in cascading vines.
- Herbs: You can hang fresh herbs such as basil, oregano, rosemary, savoury, sage, thyme, and tarragon. They will decorate your kitchen as well as your food.
Living room: As the most used room in the house it needs to be decorated with air cleansing plants.
- Bamboo palm: This plant won’t only clear the air in the room but also adds a tropical effect to your room. Additionally, it’s one of the cheapest and easy-to-care-for plants.
- Fern: It has the ability to remove formaldehyde which is found in carpets, upholstery, and air fresheners. It’s also said to act as a natural humidifier.
Utility room: Because of its dark nature you have to choose a convenient plant for the room.
- Peace lily: This plant removes mold spores in the air, making it perfect for the laundry room.
Plants are wonderful things, some require extra attention, some don’t. Whichever you choose be careful how you place them in the room. Never place it on the rug as water might seep from the pot and damage the rug. If such an accident happens you can call a professional carpet cleaning service.