In order to prolong the life of the mattress and to keep it neat and clean, professionals recommend the followings:
1) Regular vacuuming: Vacuuming the mattress at least once a week helps in removing the dust and reducing the accumulation of dirt. It also helps to remove hair and dead skin cells that are commonly found in the mattress.
2) Follow the care instruction: While cleaning the mattress, make sure that you follow the care instruction provided. There are certain cleaning ingredients that may not be suited for your mattress. Following the care instruction will ensure that you do not spoil the mattress while cleaning.
3) Clean immediately: In case of stains like urine and blood, remember to clean the mattress without any delay. The more your delay, the more difficult it will be to clean the stain. Blot the stain initially with a paper towel to suck out all the moisture. Once you feel that the entire moisture is sucked out, clean the area with a mild detergent and water. If you are into green cleaning, use a mixture of white vinegar and baking soda to clean.
4) Oil stain: If your mattress is spoiled by makeup products that are oil based, then there is no use cleaning it with water. Because oil repels water. Sprinkle the area with baking soda and let it sit for some time. Once you feel that the entire oil is absorbed, you can clean the area with mild detergent and water.
5) Never wet a mattress completely: Until and unless you have a steam cleaner to completely absorb the moisture, do not wet the mattress completely. This is because the mattress will take a long time to dry once it is wet completely. This can lead to the growth of mould and mildew which will destroy the mattress completely. Sometimes, too much of water can lead to the shrinkage of the mattress fabric and can even leave the stain on the mattress.
6) Test cleaning products: There are a lot of cleaning products available commercially that can be used for mattress cleaning. If you are using any of these products, remember to test it first in a hidden area before applying it all over the mattress. Not all products will suit your mattress. And you do not want to spoil the mattress because of a negligence from your side.
Mattress cleaning doesn’t need to be a cumbersome task if it is done on a regular basis. Vacuuming the mattress once a week not only helps to remove dust and other small particles but also helps to prolong the life of the mattress.
If for any reason you need the help of professionals to clean your mattress, do not hesitate. Reach out M&H professional cleaning services for mattress cleaning.